AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Racial Trauma
- LGBTQ+ related stress, especially gender identity
- Bicultural/Multicultural Identities, including Third Culture Kids
- Interracial Relationships
- Workplace Stress
- Relationship Stress
- Grief and Loss including Pregnancy Loss
- Highly Sensitive People (HSP) and High Sensation Seekers (HSS)
- Humanitarian Aid Workers- Pre, During and Post Service Stressors and Readjustment
I implement various evidenced-based practices, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Schema Therapy and Internal Family Systems (IFS). However, I practice from an integrated approach combining years of training in attachment, psychodynamic, and systems theories and current literature and research.
HOW LONG WILL THERAPY TAKE?
The answer depends on why you are coming to therapy and your treatment goals. I offer practical, solutions-focused, evidence-based interventions, and my ultimate goal is for each of my clients to take what they have learned in therapy and to empower them to “fly” on their own.
However, for lasting change to happen, you will have to be open to change and discomfort. Because often in the beautiful but complex and intricate journey of therapy, things may appear to get worse before they get better. I like to compare it to opening several cans of worms that you have kept hidden and locked away for a long time. It is scary to look at ourselves squarely in the eye. However, I wholeheartedly believe in the power of change and believe this happened when the “day came that the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” -Anais Nin